Dear Church Leader,
What is the wildest act of generosity your church has committed for your pastor? I am asking CCBA member churches to bless their pastor and his wife, in an extraordinary way, by sending them on a CCBA sponsored trip to Israel from June 13 -22 2017.
- It honors God when His people are generous in spirit and they bless their pastor with good things. “You shall surely give to him, and your heart shall not be grieved when you give to him: because that for this thing the LORD your God shall bless you in all your works, and in all that you put your hand to.” Deut. 15:10
- It will enrich the ministry of your pastor as he preaches the Word of God for your congregation. He will walk where Jesus walked.
- Your pastor and his wife can use the time together. Trust me on this.
- Your pastor and his wife will build new friendships with other ministry leaders that will enrich their lives. Pastor Se J Won, myself and our wives are looking forward to connecting with your pastor and his wife.
- It is a bargain! The cost for the trip, which includes a direct round-trip flight from SFO to Tel Aviv, 8 nights of hotel accommodations, buffet breakfast and dinner daily, full-time professional English speaking guide, all touring entrance fees and a modern air-conditioned motor coach for group touring is only $3,299 per person double occupancy. If you are currently a Champion Church or commit to become a Champion Church in 2017 there is a $500 pastor scholarship and a $500 pastor’s wife scholarship. We are investing with your church to help them go. (Limit of one ministry staff person and spouse scholarship per Champion Church. The maximum scholarship for one person is $500.)
- Your pastor will boast of your kindness to others. Our association surprised Sheila and I with a gift to take a cruise around the Hawaiian Islands several years ago. On one of the excursions the tour guide asked us each to share what brought us on the cruise? I felt so proud as I shared that our association of Baptist Churches had given us the trip as a “thank you” for ten years of service. Someone stated that it must be a nice place to work. It was, it is and that kind of surprising love has been the best part of serving as your director of missions. You can give your pastor a great story of your generosity as well.
- It is safer to travel in a group with experienced tour guides. We are partnering with Pilgrim Tours who have 40 years of experience taking Christian tours into the Middle East.
How does your church do this? You check it out, pray about it and then, lead a love offering either publicly or privately to help pay their way for the trip.
Don’t be afraid to commit a random act of kindness for your pastor and his wife! You will likely be surprised at the unity this will bring to your church as you give together with joy. (Don’t let Satan tell you it isn’t important to be surprisingly kind towards your pastor. Satan knows that such acts of love make everyone rise higher in their service to Christ.)
Remember October is Pastor Appreciation Month and this effort to send your pastor and his wife to Israel might be a great gift idea this year.
For more information and how to register for the trip click on this link: http://www.pilgrimtours.com/groups/ccbaisrael.htm Church members are welcome to participate in the trip at the same cost. There is a registration limit of 80 people for this trip. Last day for registration is when the registration limit is reached or February 24, 2017, whichever comes first. Full payment required by April 13, 2017.