Welcome to an exciting outreach opportunity that is designed to reconnect your church to the families in your community. This ministry is unique in its design and we invite you to explore all the possibilities that this ministry could mean for your church. Hearts & Hands Christian Preschool Center (H&H) works directly with local churches to provide a much needed community service from a Christian perspective. It also desires for church leadership to be an integral part of the overall ministry to the families that use the center. H&H may be the avenue that your church needs to finally meet and minister to the young families that live in your area.
Purpose of the Ministry
The overall purpose of this ministry is to share God’s love with the children and families around the center. We seek to provide the very best atmosphere for learning, laughter and the development of the children in all areas of their lives. We believe that local churches can be a positive and rewarding part of a family’s life.
Quality preschools is the number one need listed by the residents of the Bay Area. Recent demographics indicate that over 2,000 quality preschools are desperately needed.
Christian Perspective and Community Access
H&H centers are open to every child in the community. All families are treated equally at the center as valued clients and friends regardless of their religious affiliations. It is our hope that interactions with our center and the local church family will provide a positive faith building experience for everyone involved. Our centers are open and transparent about their Christian perspective and use Bible-based curriculum, stories, themes and music.
We believe that H&H is an opportunity that provides a rare win-win-win partnership.
It is a win for the community because its meets an expressed need.
It is a win for the church because the families are on-site daily and this allows positive relationships to form with the community. Many churches desire to assist young families, but do not know how to connect with them. The church also wins through access to updated preschool facilities for their own use on weekends and selected weeknights after the center has officially closed for the evening.
Finally, H&H wins because it is fulfilling its mission to help the churches reconnect with their communities.
This partnership is a win for everyone!
Requirements for Hearts and Hands Church Partners
- The partnering church must own or control buildings that can be developed or used for a preschool for at least 10-15 years.
- The church commits to develop a ministry plan to reach out to the young families of the center. This includes weekly interaction at the center and hosting special events in partnership with H&H. H&H is seeking ministry partners who are VERY interested in the families at the centers and in reaching out to them. If this is a rescue plan for church finances it will not be a good match. The reality is that it takes 18 to 24 months of hard work to build a center to 20 full-time students after it opens.
- The church understands that the process normally requires a conditional use permit from the city. A feasibility study will be conducted by H&H upon application by the church. The fee for the study depends on the complexity. The study does NOT obligate either party to proceed with the H&H project. H&H will share 50/50 with a cooperating GCA church the costs of the study. Non-cooperating or non-GCA churches will pay the full costs. Documents that may be requested by the H&H feasibility study are: architectural and site plans, church by-laws, financial statements and balance sheets, trustees, etc.
- The church must have a passion and long-term commitment to assist young families and minister to them when they are in need. This ministry will require a minimum of a 10-15-year partnership with H&H to reach your community.
Ministry Partnership Plans
Hearts & Hands Christian Preschool Centers (H&H) partners with various churches to reconnect them with their communities. Churches come in all sizes and shapes and we will work with you on possible partnership plans to fit your unique situation.
In each plan, H&H provides the marketing, staffing and management of its preschool ministry at the site. The host church has no administrative overhead or staff costs.
Plans are subject to change as determined by GCA. Please contact GCA for possible plans that fit your church.
General Terms to All Plans
- H&H pays all of the janitorial, utilities and maintenance for the use of the preschool space and playground as negotiated with the church.
- H&H maintains the appropriate liability insurance for each preschool site involved with the ministry.
- The church can use the preschool facilities on weekends and scheduled weeknights after childcare has closed.
- All staffing, management and administration are provided by H&H.
- All plans include H&H acquiring a state license to operate.
- All plans require a H&H sign on the frontage of the property.
- The church is able to focus on its core mission of caring for families while allowing H&H to provide a turn-key ministry platform for the church to encourage and equip young families.
- All plans will require the host church to be involved in the outreach events and use of the church site for special events as coordinated with the church calendar.
Hearts & Hands Christian Preschool Centers is a trademarked ministry owned and operated by Central Coast Baptist Association (GCA). Each preschool operation is owned by GCA. At the conclusion of each contract, the host church may end or extend its relationship with H&H. Any contract extension requires a signed agreement by both parties.
If the relationship is ended at the completion of the contract, H&H will relocate all of its teachers, students and equipment to a new site. H&H retains ownership and control of its childcare ministries, operations, teachers, directors, students and equipment under all plans.
Hearts and Hands Ministries identify potential church sites through a comprehensive selection process. Architectural comments, local planning and zoning agencies input, demographics, area need and church commitment to assist young families are all factors that determine if your church is awarded a ministry development partnership with Hearts and Hands Ministries. A normal process to open a preschool takes one to two years to complete.
Step One: Initial Inquiry
Review website which includes overview and qualifications for this ministry. If your church is interested after reviewing this information please contact us to schedule an appointment to discuss the program in further detail.
Step Two: On Site Visit and Church Leadership Meeting
An on-site visit will occur to determine initial suitability of your location and facility. H&H opens centers that have the capacity to be licensed for 65-70 children or more. A preschool license requires a minimum of 35 square feet indoor space and 75 square feet outdoor space for each licensed student. If the site appears to meet initial H&H requirements an informational meeting is scheduled with church leadership. This is intended to be an A-Z, nuts and bolts meeting about our ministry purpose, process and timeline. It is also a Q&A session with church leadership. H&H will also be asking church leadership questions about ministry passions, reasons for interest in this ministry and more.
Step Three: In Depth Feasibility Study
The church requests in writing a feasibility study at this time for their site. This study normally takes 3 months to research, analyze and prepare. There is no obligation by either party to enter into a contract at this time. This will involve a professional architect who will review the site and meet with the city planning department to determine suitability of the center in light of zoning and neighborhood issues.
Step Four: Feasibility Report and Mutual Decision
Hearts and Hands will present the feasibility study results to the church. This includes the demographics, daycare saturation of community, and comments by city planning. This is a designated time for extensive questions and answers with the church. With this information all parties will know the challenges and opportunities that they are facing to go forward with the project. It will require both parties to agree that the project is feasible to proceed to the next step.
Step Five: Contract Signing
If the church and H&H approve a partnership plan, a contract is signed and a start date is selected for the project. A conditional use permit (CUP) is usually required and must be obtained prior to any construction. If CUP obtained then step six.
Step Six: Final Plan Approval by Both Parties
The plan design is presented and approved by the church and H&H and building permits are approved. The construction process begins and H&H begins selecting the personnel for the site. Pre-launch enlistment campaign by the church and H&H conducted in community. Community wide grand opening coordinated with church and H&H staff.
The Most Important Step: The Ministry
The church actively works to get to know and assist the young families through intentional ministry events and relationships that address their needs. Church leadership plans annual calendar for ministry outreach to families with Hearts and Hands assistance. Prayer, love and ministry will produce the fruit of blessed lives and happy families!