Anthem Honor Choir performs for over 250 gathered on October 15 at the last “CCBA” annual meeting with 100 messengers representing their churches. It was a historic day as messengers approved the following:
- We now are the “Great Commission Association of Southern Baptist Churches” as we move into our 70th year of ministry.
- A record operational budget was approved of 5,070,880. Associational churches are projected to contribute 291,000 of that amount with the remainder being produced by associational employees.
- Accepted into membership Living Hope Community Church, Pastor Harrison Chang.
- Elected as officers for 2017: Pastor Chris Cole, Redeemer Baptist Church, Moderator; Pastor Oscar Bauer, Iglesia Bautista La Fe, Vice Moderator; MaryHelen Gallegos, Westside Baptist Church, Treasurer; Bob Bailey, Oak Grove Baptist Church, Secretary/Clerk.
- Guests also in attendance were Executive Director Randy Covington of the Alaska Baptist Convention and Dr. Rick Durst, President of the San Francisco Campus of Gateway Seminary.
We ask for your prayers this year as we serve the churches of our association. We thank all our churches who make the ministries of GCA possible.